Wednesday, February 3, 2010

the tower - an overrated crash


I have seen the tower in myriad situations and across multiple readings. Each time it appears with the images of the crumbling edifice, the lightning strike and the tumbling kings and queens, it holds a sense of foreboding tension for me. I see it appear and the dialogue that runs in my head "Oh my God - how do I mitigate the effect on the receiver of this news?" But the truth is actually quite different.

It is the flanking cards in a reading that signify its importance, so the impact can range from brief surprise to a far reaching impact. But it is not the tower but the others cards that should evoke fear. The tower on its own without the other cards can be quite a damp squib... What is also little understood is that the tower has a very fleeting impact. Perhaps a sudden news that takes you unawares and impacts you briefly for an hour or two before your mind adjusts to it; or in complete contrast an unexpected success that leaves you stunned before the excitement hits home.

Either ways its is just the imagery on the tower card that makes us dread its appearance. What we also don't remember is that it is accompanied by a burst of energy, which empowers us to achieve the otherwise unachievable. It gives us the impetus for taking risks and drives energy and passion into any task we undertake. When accompanying an event you are planning for, it can mean a significant energy force waiting to be released, which if you were to harness appropriately, would help you reap unimaginable success.

The tower appeared once in a friends reading before 26/11 as a catastrophe in the world out there while he was traveling. Something that did not affect him personally but ended up having a far reaching impact on his career. So I would advise a word of caution - don't start breaking out in sweat when you see the tower - instead see it as an opportunity to bring about change in yourself and the receiver.

Why am I thinking of the tower today - I guess hospitals have a way of evoking a sense of foreboding which reminds me of how I feel about the tower despite having experienced it in so many different ways. It is also my way of telling myself that what is anxiety creating is not necessarily all that very powerful or cataclysmic. One just needs to look at it from a different angle of the prism to see that it can actually be quite benign...

2 comments:

Madhavi Ghare said...

Hey Alka,
I have had some Tower moments in my life, and believe me - not all Tower moments are bad.

I often pay attention to what I 'feel' when I open the Tower card in a reading - and when the feeling is a happy one, then usually the 'sudden change' signified by the Tower can turn out to be very positive too!

And I have often see the Tower card appear before earthquakes as well… in those readings, I usually don't get the feel that the Tower is for the client, but for giving me a sense of 'when there will be a Tower situation in the world' so and so thing will happen for the client...

Strange.. how cards predict somethings sometimes….

You have a very nice blog here and I have subscribed to it in my RSS reader!

Keep up the good work!

Madhavi

alka said...

Thanks a ton - it is really encouraging to have you like what I write. I love yours too. I believe tarots are for everyone... to learn and use - what do you feel?

PS I have also subscribed to yours. look forward to learning more.

Regards
alka